When an applicant wishes to appeal a decision of the CBPA Review Committee, a CBPA Appeal application may be submitted to the Planning Department for review by the Wetlands / CBPA Board.
5 p.m. two weeks prior to the first and third Tuesday of each month.
Preparation for Online Application Submittal
- Street Address of the Property or (Tax) Parcel Number
- Legal Description, Deed Book and Map Book if available
- Special Power of Attorney (PDF), Print, Sign, Notarize, and Scan, if applicable, ready to upload
- Statement of Ownership (PDF), Print, Sign, Notarize, and Scan, ready to upload. If an LLC/Corporation, an additional document on letterhead should list all members/officers, and be ready to upload.
- Real Estate Tax Demonstration Form Call or Email Treasurer's Office, a signed form can be emailed, ready to upload
- Calculations required to submit; for example, land disturbance, water quality impact assessment (WQIA), etc.
- Electronic Plan, drawn to scale, including all required elements, ready to upload as a PDF
- Acceptable Filing Fee payment method readily available (credit cards or eCheck/linked bank account)
Apply online using eBUILD
After Online Application Submittal
- Deliver Adjacent Property Owner List (from Real Estate Department) and Envelopes to the Planning Department
Stamped Number 10 (4 1/8" x 9½") envelopes with the name and mailing address of each adjacent property owner printed legibly.
- Deliver all Original Notarized Documents to the Planning Department
- Attend mandatory CBPA Board Public Hearing the 3rd Wednesday of the month, typically 4 to 45 days after the application is filed.
- Pay Advertising Fees when billed
The average advertising cost is $200 for the Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area Board Public Hearing. The project will require a minimum of two advertisements. Any additional advertising costs incurred due to continuances will also be the responsibility of the applicant. Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area Board advertisement fees will be billed by the City of Chesapeake.