Where can I have my water tested?

If you simply wish to have your water tested for informational purposes, you should contact a private laboratory for assistance. This applies to citizens either on City water or on well water. If you have City water and have a concern about the water quality, the water quality laboratory at the Northwest River Water Treatment Plant may be able to help you. Call 757-382-3550. If you have well water, contact the Chesapeake Health Department at 757-382-8600 for help.

Show All Answers

1. How is the water checked for quality and how can I find out about the quality of the water?
2. Where can I have my water tested?
3. Why does my water smell like sulfur or rotten eggs?
4. Why does my water look cloudy or discolored?
5. What is the orange or pink coating on my faucets and showerheads?
6. Why does my hot water have white particles in it?
7. I'm on a sodium-restricted diet. Is Chesapeake water safe to drink?
8. My water is coming out in a slow trickle. What is happening?