The following fees must be paid at the time of permit issuance:
- The minimum fee is $50.
The permit fee is based upon square footage of the structure. The minimum fee is an administrative fee of $50 for issuing each permit, plus an additional $10 per 100 square feet or fraction thereof.
- For example: A new residential construction project with 2200 square footage, the fee will be:
- 2200 ÷ 100 = 22
- 22 × 10 = $220 + $50 (administrative fee) = base fee $270.
- Land Disturbance permit fee is $209 (for new construction only)
- Zoning Review of residential plans, the fee is $10
- City Water Fee (Part II Code of Ordinances - Chapter 78 Utilities - Article IV Rates, Charges and Fees - Section 78-86)
- City Sewer Fee (Part II Code of Ordinances - Chapter 78 Utilities - Article IV Rates, Charges and Fees - Section 78-86)
- Certificate of Occupancy fee - $50 will be included to the building permit fee.
- Driveway permit fee (if applicable) is $50
- 2 percent state levy is assessed to each fee by the State of Virginia excluding City water and sewer fees
- Technology Fee is $5
- Hampton Road Sanitary Disposal (HRSD) fee is $2055
- Residential Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Plan Review Fee Schedule (PDF)