You may contact the Building Code Official in the Department of Development and Permits and apply for a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy. However, the following are guidelines to apply for a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy:
- The building permit holder is the only party eligible to request a temporary certificate of occupancy.
- All inspections (plumbing, electrical, mechanical, gas) except building final must be finalized. A final building inspection must be done before applying.
- If the property is located in the flood zone, the FEMA letter is required.
- Septic tank and/or well water approval letters must be received in this office.
- A review of any rejected or outstanding issues will be considered prior to issuing a temporary certificate of occupancy.
Should the applicant fail to renew and/or complete inspections/conditions of a permit authorized a temporary occupancy, this privilege will be suspended until full compliance is achieved.