When can I move in to my new home?

All new residential dwellings are required to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy after the completion of all required construction inspections.

As required by Section §116.1 of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code, any building or structure constructed under this code shall not be used until a Certificate of Use and Occupancy has been issued by the building official.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know when to call for an inspection?
2. Who should I call to request an inspection?
3. How do I know if my inspection was approved?
4. When can I move in to my new home?
5. What can I do if my inspections are not finalized and I must move in?