Seven Residential Recycling Drop-Off Sites are now open to the public. Success of the residential drop-off recycling sites depends on everyone in the community using them properly and responsibly so let's all do our part by recycling right. Here’s everything you need to know about this new City service.
- Russell Memorial Library - 2808 Taylor Road
- Chesapeake Municipal Center - 212 Holt Drive (West Parking Lot Between Albemarle Drive and Great Bridge Community Center. Enter from Shea Drive.)
- Indian River Library - 2320 Old Greenbrier Road (Old Greenbrier Road and Providence Road)
- Department of Human Services - 100 Outlaw Street (Outlaw Street and Bainbridge Blvd)
- Toll Plaza Road - Cul-de-sac at 168 Toll Plaza Road (Chesapeake Expressway Administration Building)
- Chesapeake City Park - 900 City Park Drive (near Fun Forest)
- Deep Creek Park - 437 George Washington Highway South
Each site has at least two containers: one just for cardboard and one for mixed recyclables. Container 1 (mixed recyclables) will accept plastics that have the recycling triangle with a number 1 or 2 on it; metal cans (aluminum, tin, steel); mixed paper (newspaper, office paper, magazines, catalogs, mail, NON-shipping box cardboard, i.e., cereal box). Container 2 will only accept corrugated cardboard, aka shipping boxes.
It's really important that only the items listed above are put in the containers and items should be clean. If in doubt, throw it out. And please don't bring your recyclables in a plastic bag. Plastic bags can break the equipment and are not recyclable. Consider bringing them in a paper bag or a cardboard box, which you can just recycle when you get there to go home empty handed.
Learn more about the Recycling Drop-Off Sites.