The City of Chesapeake offers a wide variety of services at Chesapeake City Hall, but did you know that the Treasurer and the Commissioner of the Revenue also assist citizens in-person and by phone at three other branch office locations?
Branch offices are convenient for several reasons:
- If a branch is closer to a taxpayer than City Hall, citizens can complete nearly everything they need to do at the branch office and save time and gas.
- Branches usually work as teams of two and develop a close relationship with the customer base in the communities where their branches are located. Citizens enjoy the small-town feel of these personal interactions.
- Each office is attached to a public library, except for the South Norfolk location which is connected to a police station.
- Hours of operation are Mondays – Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Offices will close on weekends, City or State holidays, and during City emergencies including inclement weather.
What services are offered?
Branch employees must have a broad knowledge of all services offered by their department. Some of these services include paying personal property taxes and stormwater fees, delinquent fee collections, obtaining a hunting/fishing license, animal licenses, filing for tax relief, applying for or renewing a business license, requesting voter registration application forms, and more.
Citizens can also receive free assistance in preparing their State Income Tax Return. The filing deadline for State Income Tax is May 1st. If sent by mail, the State Income Tax envelope must be postmarked by May 1st. More information concerning this service and the Commissioner of the Revenue’s role in processing these tax returns can be found on the website’s State Income Tax FAQ.
Please visit the Treasurer and the Commission of the Revenue pages for more service details.
What services are not offered?
There are only a couple of services not offered at the branch locations.
- The Treasurer cannot process EMS payments at branches. Please visit City Hall.
- The Commissioner of the Revenue does not offer DMV Select services at branch locations. The DMV Select is only at City Hall.
We encourage you to call or visit the office nearest you:
City Hall Location
306 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Deep Creek Location
824 Old George Washington Highway N
Chesapeake, VA 23323
South Norfolk Location
1205 20th Street
Chesapeake, VA 23324
Western Branch Location
2808 Taylor Road
Chesapeake, VA 23321
Treasurer Phone Numbers:
City Hall - 757-382-6281
Deep Creek - 757-382-3660
South Norfolk - 757-543-3555
Western Branch - 757-488-5182
Commissioner of the Revenue Phone Numbers:
City Hall - 757-382-6455
Deep Creek - 757-382-3650
South Norfolk - 757-545-8154
Western Branch - 757-488-5348