September 11, 2023
Transportation Alternatives Project (TAP)
Monday, September 11, 2023
The City of Chesapeake will host a public meeting to solicit feedback on the following proposed future projects that will provide new connections in the following areas:
- Sidewalk on the South side of Great Bridge Blvd connecting River Walk Pkwy to Oscar Smith High School.
- Sidewalk on Stadium Drive connecting existing sidewalk along Mt. Pleasant Road and Battlefield Blvd. which will also provide access to Great Bridge Middle School.
- Upgrading the existing 4-foot sidewalk to a 10-foot multi-use path to create a connection between existing bike facilities between the Veterans Bridge and Tidewater Community College Chesapeake Campus.
- Sidewalk on the South side of Cedar Road between Wal-Mart and Cedar Lakes Drive.
- Sidewalk on the South side of Cedar Road between Cedar Lakes Drive and Bartell Drive.
The open house format meeting will be held on Monday, September 11, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Central Library, located at 298 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322. In addition, project proposal information, as well as an online comment form, will be available on the City’s website at www.cityofchesapeake.net.
Community feedback will be included in a City grant funding application to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP), which helps fund community-based projects that expand non-motorized travel choices by focusing on providing pedestrian and bicycle facilities, community improvements and mitigating the negative impacts of the highway system.
If you have any questions prior to the meeting, please contact Troy Eisenberger, Traffic Engineer, Department of Public Works, Traffic Engineering Division at 757-382-6101 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Chesapeake ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The City of Chesapeake will attempt to make reasonable accommodations and services necessary for sensory impaired and disabled citizens. Citizens who wish to receive such accommodations must contact Mr. Tim Winslow 757- 698-4230, within three working days prior to the meeting.