- Departments H to Z
- Public Utilities Department
- Customer Service
- Payment, Account & Bill Information
Payment, Account & Bill Information
Chesapeake Public Utilities and the Hampton Roads Sanitation District issue a joint utility bill through the Hampton Roads Utility Billing Service. Residential water bills cover two months of water use and sewer collection by the City and two months of sewer treatment by HRSD.
Pay your water bill and access your account through HRSD's e-Bill website. Set up a one-time payment. Create an account, and view your bill profile. No fee.
Call 844-257-6063 for payments and account information. Pay your water bill using your checking or savings account; your debit or ATM card; or any Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card. No fee.
Pay your water bill in person between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at the following locations:
- City Hall, 2nd Floor, Public Utilities Department, 757-382-6352. Cash, checks, or money orders
- City Hall, 1st Floor, City Treasurer's Office, 757-382-6281. Cash, checks, or money orders
- South Norfolk Treasurer's Office, 1205 20th Street, 757-543-3555. Only checks and money orders
- Western Branch Treasurer's Office, 2808 Taylor Road, 757-488-5182. Only checks and money orders
- Mail a payment with bill stub using the envelope enclosed with your water bill.
P.O. Box 37087
Boone, IA 50037-0097
(Payments only. No correspondence.)
- Drop Boxes at the City Hall parking lot, near the City Hall front doors, and on the second floor of City Hall.
- Find additional bill payment options on the HRSD website.
Make Payment Arrangements
Call 757-382-6352 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Request a Bill Adjustment
Request an adjustment if you have recently fixed a water leak or made other repairs.
If you have questions about your water bill, call the Chesapeake Public Utilities Department at 757-382-6352 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Help 2 Others (H2O)
H2O is a community-based program that assists people in crisis through the generosity of donations. The program provides one-time assistance to residents of Hampton Roads that have experienced a financial crisis and are in danger of losing their residential water and wastewater service. For additional information visit the H2O website
Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program
The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) helps low-income households for Virginia residents pay their water and wastewater bills. For more information, please call 1-888-373-9908 or visit Virginia LIHWAP.