- Parks, Recreation & Tourism
- Events & Activities
- Classes & Programs
Classes & Programs
Online Registration - Preferred Method
- Visit our online registration site for more information and to register.
- Use the search feature in the top gray menu bar by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
- Look for specific activities and classes by typing in a key word (example: "art").
Or, use the links to the specific class listings on this page.
Visit your nearest Chesapeake Community Center to register and complete your payment.
Or, visit the Parks, Recreation and Tourism Administrative Office/Visitor Center anytime during operating hours to register for any classes and outdoor camps/programs.
Drop-in Participation - Not Permitted at This Time
Pre-registration is required for all instructional classes and camps. The number of class participants per program are limited.
Adult Classes / Clinics (Ages 18 and up)
Teen / Adult Classes / Clinics (Ages 13 and up)
- Adult Beginner Tennis
- All Levels Yoga
- 757 Crew Mid-Week Line Dance
- Star Hoop Fitness
- Xtreme Hip-Hop Step
- Standup Paddleboard Classes & Camps (ages 11-17, 16+, 18+)
- Strength, Core & Balance (ages 13+)
Youth Classes, Clinics and Camps (Varied for ages 5 to 17 - see specific listings below)
- Adventures in STEM with LEGO Materials (ages 5-7)
- Art and Creative Skills (ages 6 to 13)
- Art and Creative Skills for Homeschoolers (ages 6 to 13)
- Art Camp (ages 6-13)
- Ballet and Tap (ages 6 to 12)
- Boxing 101 (ages 6 to 12)
- Creative Writing Skills (ages 9 to 14)
- Creative Writing - Short Story Workshop (ages 9-14)
- Dance Camp (ages 6-12)
- Dance Camp - Tap 101 (ages 6-12)
- Her & Me Crafting Workshop (ages 6-14)
- Martial Arts - Karate 101 (ages 6 to 14)
- Martial Arts - Karate 102 (ages 6 to 14)
- Musical Theater (ages 8-14)
- Pokemon Engineering Using LEGO Materials (ages 5-7)
- Pokemon Master Engineering Using LEGO Materials (ages 7-12)
- Sewing 101 for Homeschoolers (ages 6 to 13)
- Sewing Camp (ages 6-13)
- Standup Paddleboard Camp (ages 11-17)
- Tennis Camps (ages 6-12 and 8-14)
- Tennis 101 (ages 6-12)
- Tennis for Homeschoolers (ages 6 to 16)
- Tennis 102 (ages 8-14)
- Theater 101 (ages 8 to 14)
- Theater Camp (ages 8-14)
- Theater Camp (ages 8-14)
- Weaving Camp (ages 6-13)
Pre-School Classes & Camps (Varied for ages 2 to 5 - see specific classes)
- Little Picassos (ages 3.5 to 5)
- Little Scientists Camp (ages 3-5)
- Mini Maestros (ages 3.5 to 5)
- Mini Melodies Music Camp (ages 2-3.5, 3.5-5)
- Mini Michelangelos (ages 2 to 3)
- Moving Grooving Mini's Camp (ages 2-3.5, 3-5)
- Pre-Ballet (ages 3 to 5)
- Ready, Set, Paint Art Camp (ages 2-3, 4-5)
- Stepping Stones (ages 3.5 to 5)
- Tike Tunes (ages 2 to 5)
- Tiny Dancer Camp (ages 3-5)
- Tots in Motion (ages 2 to 3.5)
Fridays at 11:00 a.m. Join us for "Virtual" Bingo using Zoom Video Conferencing!
Bingo prizes can be picked up at the Rokeby Center, 1709 Rokeby Avenue, every other month.
If you are interested in participating in this opportunity, please email your contact information to Senior Programs and request to be added to our Master Email List.
Saturdays from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Dates TBD.
In-Person Events, Programs and Activities
For in-person classes and programs, check out our activities guide (PDF).
For more information, please visit our Senior Programs web page.
All new and returning individuals participating in Therapeutic Recreation (TR) Programs will need to have an updated assessment completed as soon as possible. Assessment information packets are available online for you to print and complete prior to attending an assessment with a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS). The assessment is to ensure all staff are aware of each individual's communications style, necessary modifications, and other helpful information that will eliminate barriers to recreation participation. We will also establish measurable goals that each participant will be encouraged to work on while in TR programs. To set up an assessment or if you have any questions, please call 757-382-1328.
- Participant Information Packet (PDF)
- Therapeutic Recreation Programs (PDF)
- TR Monthly Calendar (PDF)
- TR Newsletter (PDF)
- Therapeutic Recreation Home Page
- TR Programs, Activities & Camps Registration
These social groups are dedicated to increasing participants' independence while creating opportunities for individuals to make new friends and enjoy fun activities. Visit our online registration site or see more information (PDF) on the following programs:
- TR - Chesapeake Recreation, Education and Wellness (CREW) Club Program Activities (Ages 18 and up)
- TR - Mixed Art (Ages 18 and up)
- TR - Instructional Bowling (Ages 18 and up)
- TR - Cruisin' Around Town (different field trip locations) (Ages 18 and up)
- TR - Special Events - Football Pre-Game Party January 28, Mardi Party February 25 (Ages 16 and up)
- Basketball Camps (ages 6-12, 8-13, 12-16)
- Volleyball Camps (ages 9-14)
- Tennis Camps (ages 6-12, 8-14) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
We're always looking for coaches and instructors! For more information and to apply, contact us at 757-382-6411 or visit our web page on How to Become an Instructor or Volunteer Coaches Information.