To Register: Complete the Adult Team Registration Form (PDF) and submit payment by Friday, July 21, 2023. Registration can be made in person or online.
Registration Deadline: Friday, July 21, 2023
Registration Fee: $390
Payment methods: Credit card, cash, and checks (made payable to: Chesapeake Treasurer)
- Registration fee and form must be submitted together for in-person registration.
- Teams will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A limited number of spots are available.
- A late fee may be assessed for late registrations.
- Once fees are submitted, no refunds will be processed unless the City cancels all or part of the program.
Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism
1224 Progressive Drive
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Online Registration: Visit our online registration site, Adult Softball Registration. There will be a surcharge of 5.5% for all online payments.
Season Start Dates:
- Co-Ed: August 25, 2023
- Men's Open, Church, and Senior: Week of August 28, 2023
Team Practices: August 7 - 18, 2023
- Teams may sign up for two 1-hour practice sessions. Rained-out practices may be rescheduled if space is available.
- Practice dates and times to be determined once registration has closed and may be reserved by visiting or calling the Athletic office.
Coaches' Meeting: To Be Determined
Schedules and Facilities:
- Teams will play approximately 12 to 14 games.
- Doubleheaders will start at 6:30 p.m. (Exception: Western Branch games will start at 6:45 p.m.)
- Games will be played at the following locations: Greenbrier Sports Park, Indian River High School, and Western Branch Park.
Division Assignments: In an effort to balance competition, the City will administer the following:
- Spring and fall playoff teams may be moved up to the next division/level of play.
- Spring and fall performance will be used to determine divisional placement.
- Division assignments will be made at the discretion of the Adult Softball League Coordinator.
- Team rosters are due 48 hours prior to first game. Teams failing to submit a team roster 48 hours prior to their first game will not be authorized to play until they have met the 48-hour requirement.
- Teams are limited to a total of 25 players.
Post-Season Tournament: The number of teams advancing for post-season play will be determined by the number of teams within their respective division.