Camping / Cabins Rentals
Reservations are available online through ReserveAmerica.
If you have questions or need further information, please call Northwest River Park at 757-421-7151 during camp store hours.
- Camp Store Hours (During camping season, April to November 30)
Monday through Sunday
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Camp Store Hours (Off-Season)
Monday through Sunday
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
1733 Indian Creek Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322
See our Campground Guide (PDF) for more information, campground map, regulations and more.
We have 66 sites for family camping and six group sites for organizations. Facilities include hot showers, laundry, recreation vehicle (RV) pump out, and fresh water. Maximum 6 people per site. Sites are limited to 14-night stay in a 30-day period. Reservations for campsites start January 1 for the following camping season (normally April 1 to November 30).
- $31 per night for a non-electric site
- $36 per night for an electric site
- $21 per night for group sites (non-electric only)
Enjoy a luxurious weekend of climate-controlled camping comfort. Two cabins are available for rent, by week or weekend. The cabins come complete with sink, microwave oven, refrigerator, rustic log furniture, queen-size bed, full-size sleeper futon sofa, and, of course, heating and air-conditioning. Pets are not permitted in cabins.
- $75 per night (plus applicable fees, additional fees may be required)
The Equestrian Area campground at Northwest River Park is limited to Friday and Saturday nights; Sundays on holiday weekends only. Facilities include restrooms and potable water. Visit the Equestrian web page for more information.
- Campsites are $21 per night for a maximum of: 1 trailer, 1 car/truck, 2 horses, 4 people.
Cancellations / Rescheduling / Refunds
- Refund requests for campers leaving early must either make the request in writing or by email to the Parks Manager requesting a refund and stating the reason why.
- Cancellation of rentals within two calendar days or less of reservation is not permitted (no refunds).
- Rescheduling of rentals within two calendar days or less of reservation is not permitted (no refunds).
- Rescheduled reservations are subject to availability (rescheduling fee may be charged).
- The first night's deposit is non-refundable, regardless of the reason for the request.
- Refunds are usually not granted for inclement weather. In cases of extreme inclement weather, any requests for partial credit must be submitted in writing to the Parks Manager (email the Parks Manager) within 48 hours after the event.
For more information, call Northwest River Park at 757-421-7151.