Final Subdivision Plat
- How do I record a plat to subdivide my property?
After the Final Subdivision Plan is approved, if applicable, the Final Subdivision Plat can be reviewed and approved for recordation.
A subdivision plat review is performed by the Department of Planning and Department of Development & Permits. A review is required when any property is divided into two or more parcels.
If only existing property lines are vacated or relocated then the appropriate instrument is a Resubdivision Plat.
- Where do I apply for final plat review?
Via Electronic (Review only) - eBUILD
Via Delivery (Approval only - Submit 5 Paper Copies):
Development and Permits Department
City Hall Building, 3rd Floor
306 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, Virginia 23322
Also: Development Contact List
- What is the approval process?
- The submitted plat is routed to Planning Department and the Right-of-Way Agent.
- The review is coordinated through the Department of Development and Permits. The plat will be reviewed for conformity with the approved construction plan and with the Subdivision Ordinance.
- Once the plat satisfies the criteria, contact the Development Review Engineer.
- What are the minimum submittal requirements?
- Plat is submitted online through eBUILD
- Original mylar with signatures (submitted once plat is close to meeting criteria)
- Electronic copy of plat, GIS compatible (AutoCad or MicroStation) required upon initial submittal and upon submission of mylars.
- How do I get my Subdivision Plat recorded?
Development Construction Administration may be contacted concurrently with the plat review. Go to Plat Recordation.