- Departments H to Z
- Planning Department
- Land Development
The Planning Department utilizes eBuild for the application process. All applications are electronic. View the New Applications Received.
- Planning Department Application and Review Fees (PDF)
- Public Hearing Schedule / Deadlines (PDF)
- Administrative Application Schedule / Deadlines (PDF)
- Addressing: Standard Operating Procedures for Addressing in the City of Chesapeake (PDF)
Documents & Links
- Agricultural Division and Resubdivision
The division of property located wholly within an agricultural zoning district for bona fide agricultural use.
- Certificate of Appropriateness
- Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area (CBPA)
- Conditional Use Permit
- Historical/Cultural Interpretative Sign Application (PDF)
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) Creation or Modification
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) Deviation
- Preliminary Site Plan
- Preliminary Subdivision
- 2035 Public Utilities Franchise Area Expansion (PDF)
The 2035 Public Utility Franchise Area Expansion application is required for the extension of public water and sewer within the 2035 Franchise Area to ensure the expansion is consistent with the 2035 Comprehensive Plan. Expansion of Public Utility Franchise Area beyond those areas designated on the 2035 Public Utility Franchise Area map will require an amendment to the Comprehensive Plan.
- Rezoning (Change of Zoning District)
- Special Exception
- Street Closure Petition
- Subdivision Variance
- Use Permit Application for an Excavation / Borrow Pit
- Use Permit Application for a Solid Waste Management Facility
- Declaration (PDF)
This form declares if members of Planning Commission or City Council have any special interests in the land which is the subject of the application. It also declares the application's accuracy and financial responsibility.
- Proffer Statement (DOCX)
A written statement of conditions voluntarily offered by or with authorization of the owner of the property, as part of a conditional rezoning application which limits or qualifies how the property which is the subject of the application will be used or developed if rezoned as requested. (Ord. Number 96-O-072, 5-21-96)
- Special Power of Attorney (PDF)
This form identifies the those people given special power of attorney rights for the Rezoning or Use Permit application being submitted.
- Special Power of Attorney - Street Closures (PDF)
This form identifies the those people given special power of attorney rights for the Street Closure application being submitted.
- Statement of Ownership (PDF)
This form identifies the names and last know addresses of all people and entities that may have ownership of the property that is the subject of the Rezoning or Use Permit application being submitted.
- Street Name Reservation Form (PDF)
- Street Closure Petition Form (PDF)
Owner signatures and notary blanks included, this is not the entire Street Closure Application.
- Street Closure Petition Declaration (PDF)
- Vacation of Property Lines
- Conditional Use Permit for Communication Tower
- Preliminary Site Plan for Communication Towers (Small Cells)
- New Planning Applications Received