Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Select is open by walk-in.
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday (except for City or State holidays, or City closures due to emergencies including inclement weather).
DMV Select partners conduct secure transactions while you wait.
- Not all DMV transactions can be completed at DMV Select locations.
- Services do not include Driver's Licenses, Learner's Permits or ID Cards.
- Check the following list for transactions available at DMV Select locations.
Here's What a DMV Select Partner Can Do for You!
- Original (with or without liens)
- Title maintenance
- Plate Surrender
- Report disposed vehicle
License Plate Orders
- Chesapeake License Plate Sample
- Specialized and personalized plate orders
- Motorcycle plates
- Permanent trailer plates
- Truck plates
- Taxicab plates (if approved through motor carrier)
- Local government-use plates (See information about Chesapeake License Plates)
- Farm use plates
- Trip permits
- Overload permits
Handicapped Parking Placards
- Original issues
See more information about Parking Placards and Plates for Virginians with Disabilities.
- Driver transcripts - helpful when applying for a job which requires a transcript
- Vehicle transcripts
- Changes that don't involve issuance of a driver's license or ID card
Dealer Title & Registration Transactions
- Small dealerships who are not online or franchise dealers
- Out of state dealer transactions
- Cannot process online dealerships
- Full or partial payments accepted
Voter Registration Applications
See more information about Registering to Vote in the State of Virginia.
- Debit Card
For more information visit the Virginia DMV website or call 1-804-497-7100