Beautification & Cleanups
Adopt-A-Park and Adopt-A-Spot-in-a-Park are programs to promote community involvement in maintaining and beautifying our city parks and to instill a sense of pride for parks and public spaces through volunteerism. A secondary benefit is the creation of a safe, clean, and well-maintained environment for all to enjoy! The programs encourage the participation of civic leagues and alliances, businesses, schools, churches, local service groups, sports associations, youth organizations and scout troops, etc., to perform various tasks on a regularly-scheduled basis for an agreed upon period of one year. The "special projects" are designed for performing specific work on a project-only basis (examples would be trash/litter pickup and beautification projects such as planting, mulching and weeding).
Want to adopt a garden or highway? Visit the link below for more information on this volunteer program through Public Works.
June 3, 2023
Hosted by the City of Chesapeake and other Hampton Roads' cities.
- Individuals, groups, and organizations are encouraged to register to help to clean-up Chesapeake's waterways.
- Boaters and businesses along the waterway are especially needed to help with the clean-up.
- Family Registration Site
- Boaters Only Registration Site
- Visit the Chesapeake Bay Foundation website for more information.
March 23 to 24, 2024
Join the biggest clean-up campaign of the year! Anyone can participate - individuals, organizations such as civic leagues, scouts, and businesses.
Ways "You can make a difference!"
- Pick up litter
- Plant trees/flowers
- Plant a community garden
- Conduct an environmental education program
- Host a litter-free event
- Check back in 2024 to register
Litter bags are available for distribution at Chesapeake events, activities, and organization meetings.